Sunday, February 17, 2013

Putting Myself Out There


I have decided to come out and hop on the blogging bandwagon again. I got caught up in going back to school, mommy stuff and well, just plain LIFE. Now that I’ve finally finished college just shy of my 40th birthday, I have a little more time on my hands. I’ve decided that blogging is a pure form of entrepreneurialism of putting your own thoughts and ideas out into the world. I’ve titled my blog “TAYLORED TANGENTS.”  I have many interests and don’t want to block myself into one particular topic. I have a tendency to go off on tangents. People who receive my Christmas letters each year know this about me. I write how I would carry on a conversation. With blogging, I’m not trapped into a structured writing format. I write in a way that hopefully can bring you in where you catch yourself having a conversation in your head WITH me.

My tangents are not “TAYLORED” (yes, I’m using the play on words thing) to any particular audience, but they are Taylored because the blurbs come from me (for those who are a little slow and haven't had their caffeine fix for the day). Some have blogs on cooking, fashion, or experimenting with things they’ve found on Pinterest. My blog will be whatever tangent is getting my creative electrons flowing. My audience can be anywhere from housewives who are NOT so desperate to professionals who just love reading feature stories on ordinary people who do extraordinary things. I find people to be inspiring. Well, some, haha. My tangents could be on teenage issues (since I have one) to people who are trying to make a difference in fashion in Boulder, Colo. Those who live in Boulder know this can be quite a feat since it’s known to be a yoga pant-wearing community. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. I choose to “fit in” once in awhile. See... this is what I mean. I can go off onto another tangent just like THAT! My point is that my writing is all over the place and this is why I love freelance writing. The list of tangents is endless.

So… please hop on my blogging bandwagon and offer your ideas, opinions and comments. Follow me where I hope to uplift and inspire with other’s stories, learn from many and put a smile on some of your faces. But, not ALL of your faces because I don’t want that kind of pressure. Enjoy!

2 comments: